There's now a measurement converter to automatically convert quantities before displaying them. You can enter measurements as imperial or metric and automatically display them using one system or the other.
Changes in ChickenPing 1.41
- Added: Measurement converter.
- Added: Global preference to convert all units automatically between metric and imperial.
Two important features have been added in this version. Nutrition data is now available for many ingredients, and there's improved support for copy and paste (no more manually typing ingredients).
Changes in ChickenPing 1.40
To try out the ingredient pasting feature, use the list below. Go to add a recipe then press Ctrl+V to paste onto the window. There are a couple of non-standard, unusual formats which don't work (eg: 1-3/4 oz as a measurement), but the majority will be recognized automatically. If there's a format you think should be added, let us know on the forums so we can add it in the next version.
1/2 cup almonds
3/4 cup butter
5 green onions, chopped (tops included)
1/2 cup almonds
0.5 cup butter
1.5 cups sesame seeds
1 (2 1/2 oz.) pkg. Ramen noodles, broken
1 head Napa Chinese cabbage, shredded
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
2 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup butter/margarine, softened
1 ts vanilla
2 cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup Grated Parowax (sealing wax)
5 Fresh mint leaves
1 ts Simple syrup (3 parts sugar)
Finely crushed ice
1-3/4 oz Bourbon
The addition of a snapshot gallery lets you browse through photos of finished dishes. It should be easier to add snapshots now by dragging and dropping instead of adding them in the edit window.
Changes in ChickenPing 1.37
- Added: Snapshots Gallery to find recipes from pictures of finished dishes.
- Changed: Snapshots can now be added by dragging and dropping images from the main window and when adding a recipe (Thanks James149).
- Changed: When saving a recipe, any uncommited snapshots will now be added in the same way as ingredients. Users reported forgetting to press the 'Add Snapshot' button.
The recipe sharing service is now available, so recipes can be shared to and downloaded from ChickenPing's database.
Changes in ChickenPing 1.35
It's now possible to take snapshots on a Windows Mobile device for synchronization with a PC (as well as adding them on the PC). Recent changes in ChickenPing include:
- Added: Snapshot synchronization with ChickenPing Mobile.
- Fixed: Behaviour of ingredient suggestion ListBox to allow selection of selected item by mouse double click (Thanks James129).
- Added: Ingredient substitutions synchronization and a few tweaks for the display of substitutes (eg: hidden if zero).
- Changed: Up/down spinner controls now respond to presses of the up and down keys.
- Changed: Styling on lists to be consistent.