Version 1.7.6 offers new features and support for the upcoming release of ChickenPing for Windows Phone 7. Aside from the spiffy new logo, there's also a new quick search bar and several bug fixes (Thanks xcorvis, WakkoBlues and everyone else who helped with testing and suggesting features for this release).
Changes in ChickenPing 1.7.6
- Added: Windows Phone 7 support.
- Added: Import from REML.
- Added: Quick search bar (Thanks xcorvis - #2, #3)
- Added: Option to send a recipe with a message to friends via email.
- Added: Extra step when importing recipes to allow selection of the recipes and categories to include.
- Added: Conversion options for temperatures (Thanks WakkoBlues), and ability to set units for a temperature, also to convert between different temperature units.
- Added: Select/Deselect all button for categories (Thanks xcorvis - #12)
- Added: Option to submit recipes to ChickenPing.com and view recipes via the site instead of just the application.
- Added: Auto-upgrade to new databases schemas, hopefully eliminating the need to export/re-import after upgrading.
- Fixed: Preparation time parsing bug when downloading from FatSecret.
ChickenPing Mobile 1.31 will be the last version which supports Windows Mobile 6.5. All future releases will be targeted at WIndows Phone 7. If you need a reason to upgrade, ChickenPing's measurement converter and metro interface should be reason enough.
ChickenPing 1.75 adds some long requested features and paves the way for an Android syncable vesion in the near future.
- Added: Ability to add custom icons (Thanks Rhaz and Judy3356).
- Added: More icons (Thanks Judy356).
- Added: Italian Translation (Thanks Filippo "Scorpioprise" Montano).
- Changed: Parsing and display of fractions to allow more tolerance of imperial measurements (1/3, 2/3 etc) - Thanks pgauthier71 and slcollns.
- Fixed: Hungarian translation bug. (Thanks Judit).
- Fixed: Casing bug (Thanks Deshi).
You will need to backup/export your database before upgrading.
ChickenPing 1.70 adds some nice features related to printing and loads more icons.
Changes in ChickenPing 1.70
ChickenPing Mobile users will also need to upgrade the version on their device.
ChickenPing 1.67 includes a number of new features and tweaks to functionality requested by users. There's a cooking dictionary and ingredients can now be sorted by an artificial order. There have also been improvements to the way recipes and shopping lists are printed.
Changes in ChickenPing 1.67
- Added: Culinary Dictionary feature (Thanks bgbiggs).
- Added: Option to sort ingredients by an artificial order (Thanks Professor X and Rhaz).
- Added: Searching by author name (Thanks MightyVI).
- Added: Checkbox column to the shopping list print output, and sorted ingredients by name.
- Added: Slider to control the width of the paper when printing shopping lists (Thanks aaguilera83).
- Changed: Categories are now sorted by name (Thanks MightyVI).
- Fixed: Duplicate measurement bug when printing a shipping list (Thanks aaguilera83).
- Fixed: Recipe name now appears when printing a meal list (Thanks aaguilera83).
Export your database before upgrading, as the database schema has changed. This means ChickenPing Mobile users should follow the steps for upgrading in the readme.
If you'd like to contribute content (dictionary definitions or substitutes or otherwise) in return for a big mention in the application, the readme and the contributors page), please get in touch.
This release adds some requested features and should improve readability for imported recipes. Users of ChickenPing Mobile will need to update it to version 1.24 as well.
Changes in ChickenPing 1.60
- Added: Persistent storage for In the Fridge (Thanks Esgrimidor).
- Added: French (Canada) translation (Thanks Gabriel Mongeon, ing. jr.).
- Added: Print preview to meal planner and recipe printing.
- Added: Option to print recipes when printing meals from the meal planner.
- Added: Minimum version check when synchronizing with ChickenPing Mobile.
- Changed: The contents of the fridge are now saved between restarts (Thanks Esgrimidor).
- Changed: Replaced buggy numeric up/down controls (spinners) with a simpler TextBox which responds to the arrow keys.
- Changed: Shopping lists are now synchronized with ChickenPing Mobile.
- Changed: Behaviour of MealMaster parser.
- Fixed: RecipeML parsing bug (Thanks Csutkbaba).
- Fixed: Recipe nutrition view bug.
Printing should work better for long recipes which span more than one page, it's been redesigned along with the meal planner (below).