ChickenPing 1.30 adds an ingredient substitution feature and auto-completing when entering ingredients. Thanks NetCooks for kindly providing a list of common substitutions for inclusion. If you have any form of content - substitutions or recipes you'd like bundled with ChickenPing, let us know and we'll add your site to our Contributors page.
Changes in ChickenPing 1.30
There are two significant additions with this release, including Sticky Fingers Mode which features large buttons and high contrast, making it easier to cook while you're in the kitchen.
Changes in ChickenPing 1.24
- Added: Sticky Fingers Mode.
- Added: Category panel to the main window to filter by one or more categories.
- Added: Default recipe when ChickenPing is first installed.
Sticky Fingers Mode Full-Size
ChickenPing 1.20 includes the ability to upload recipe snapshots to Picasa as well as Flickr. Also included are usability enhancements to the Recipes and Shopping list windows and minor bug fixes.
If you are upgrading from a previous version, you must create a backup before installing this version. You will be prompted to re-create the database when installing, after which you can import the backup. If you also use ChickenPing Mobile, after restoring the backup you created connect your phone/PDA, then click Copy to Device in the synchronization window. This will overwrite the database on your device with a fresh copy from the backup, as the database schema has changed in this version.
Changes in ChickenPing 1.20
Thanks to Amaragold for suggesting most of the features added in this release. Full change list below.
- Added: Upload to Picasa for snapshots.
- Added: Shortcut keys to Add Recipe and Shopping List windows.
- Added: Ability to keep ChickenPing on top of other windows (Tools->Always on Top).
- Added: Preference to show quantities as decimals or fractions.
- Changed: Quantity is now auto-focused instead of name when adding an ingredient.
- Changed: When 'Add Ingredient' is clicked, if an ingredient is already being added, it is saved (as long as there are no validation errors) and the quantity field is focused to add a new ingredient. Ingredients currently being added are saved before the window is allowed to close.
- Changed: Default when searching from Starts with to Contains.
- Changed: Star rating on recipe list is now coloured.
- Changed: Styling on insertion row when adding ingredients to be more distinct from other rows.
- Fixed: Measurements in the shopping list were limited to integers.
- Fixed: Typo in Full Editor.
- Fixed: Bug when editing ingredients which caused quantities to be rounded to the nearest integer when an ingredient was edited.
<p>Updated versions of ChickenPing have been released. Automatic merging with a database on a PDA is now possible and icons can be selected in ChickenPing Mobile.</p>
<strong>Changes in ChickenPing 1.15 since 1.10</strong>
<li><strong>Added: </strong><a href="http://wiki.lime49.com/index.php?title=Synchronizing_with_Windows_Mobile_%28ChickenPing%29">Synchronization support</a>. Databases from ChickenPing and ChickenPing Mobile can now be updated so both databases contain all recipes.</li>
<li><strong>Added: </strong>Recipe count indicator to main window.</li>
<li><strong>Added: </strong><em>Clear Database</em> button to options window.</li>
<li><strong>Added: </strong>Button to focus the new item at the top of the <em>Ingredients</em> and <em>Shopping List</em> grids. (Thanks <a href="http://forums.lime49.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&p=2242">ThaAmazingAustin</a>).</li>
<li><strong>Changed: </strong>Behaviour of <em>Ingredients</em> and <em>Shopping List</em> grids to be more intuitive. The selected cell can be changed by pressing tab.</li>
<li><strong>Added: </strong><a href="http://wiki.lime49.com/index.php?title=Importing_from_XML_%28ChickenPing%29">XML backup and restore</a>.</li></ul>
<strong>Changes in ChickenPing Mobile 1.10</strong>
<li><strong>Added: </strong>Selectable icons (previously only changeable with ChickenPing desktop).</li>
<li><strong>Added: </strong>Ability to view snapshots created with ChickenPing desktop.</li>
Loads of changes and improvements in these two new versions, hopefully there should also be a few minor speed increases as well.
Changes in ChickenPing 1.10
- Added: Windows Mobile Syncronization utility.
- Added: Categories, minimum and maximum number of ingredients to search.
- Added: Ability to store multiple snapshots for a recipe.
- Added: Uploading snapshots to Flickr.
- Added: Selectable icons to each recipe.
- Added: Splash screen.
- Changed: Entering a comma when adding categories for a recipe now adds the category.
Changes in ChickenPing Mobile 1.05
- Added: Icons to recipe list.
- Changed: Categories can now be selected using checkboxes.