It's now easier than ever to add recipes to ChickenPing. You can import RecipeML, MasterCook MX2 and MXP and Mealmaster files, as well as paste ingredients from a web site. There's also a 'Recipes' link in the top menu with some suggestions to get you started.
Changes in ChickenPing 1.50
- Added: MealMaster, MasterCook MX2 and MasterCook plain text import.
- Added: Author and Preparation Time fields to recipes.
- Changed: Recipes and backups can now be imported from their native formats (xml, mmf, mx2 etc) as well as zip files or multiple zip files or any combination of the two.
- Fixed: Bug which caused fractions to be parsed incorrectly from RecipeML.
If you like the software, please donate (£10 was donated between January and November).
If you use ChickenPing Mobile, you'll need to hold off for a release if you still want to synchronize. ChickenPing Mobile has also been updated, so you need to make sure you're using 1.18.
ChickenPing 1.49 includes a German translation and new additions to the meal planner as well as tweaks and fixes throughout.
New in ChickenPing 1.49
- Added: Meals list, search and print options to meal planner.
- Added: Ability to print a shopping list for a date range in meal planner.
- Added: German translation (Thanks Michael Erdmann).
- Changed: Redesigned shopping list print output.
- Changed: Pasting ingredients now only works when the Ingredients tab is selected.
- Changed: Colours on Sticky Fingers mode (Thanks Dave).
ChickenPing now has a meal planner, which will be extended with further functionality in the future as well as a translation into Spanish.
Changes in ChickenPing 1.48
- Added: Meal Planner.
- Added: Option to manually specify calories for nutritional analysis.
- Added: Spanish translation (Thanks Arturo García).
- Added: Notification if a recipe has been scaled to allow use of discretion with cooking times.
It's now easier to lookup nutrition data for a whole recipe, and the ongoing problem with adding new measurements should also be resolved.
Changes in ChickenPing 1.45
- Added: Nutritional analysis for a whole recipe.
- Added: Preference to enable/disable auto-completion of ingredient names.
- Changed: If the Add Recipe form is closed while an ingredient is being edited, the ingredient is now saved.
- Changed: Measurement Combobox on recipe and shopping list dialogs to an auto-completing TextBox instead.
For the nutrition conscious, looking up a nutritional analysis of calories, fat and other nutrients is now instant thanks to an option to download the USDA database.
ChickenPing will now recognize Spanish measurements and if you'd like to see your language supported, let us know or volunteer to translate.
New in ChickenPing 1.42
- Added: Option to download a local copy of the nutrition database for instant searches.
- Added: Spanish measurement recognition (Thanks argarmx).
- Improved ingredient parser.